DUAL BIDIRECTIONAL I2C BUS AND SMBUS VOLTAGE-LEVEL TRANSLATOR
The UTC PCA9306 device is a dual bidirectional I
C and SMBus
voltage-level translator with an enable(EN) input, and is operational
from 1.2-V to 3.3-V VREF1 and 1.8-V to 5.5-V VREF2.
The UTC PCA9306 device allows bidirectional voltage translations
between 1.2V and 5V,without the use of a direction pin .The low
ON-state resistance (RON) of the switch allows connections to be made
with minimal propagation delay. When EN is high, the translator switch
is ON , and the SCL1 and SDA1 I/O are connected to the SCL2 and
SDA2 I/O, respectively, allowing bidirectional data flow between ports.
When EN is low, the translator switch is off, and a high-impedance state
exists between ports.
In addition to voltage translation, the UTC PCA9306 device can be
used to isolate a 400-kHz bus from a 100-kHz busby controlling the EN
pin, and disconnecting the slower bus during fast-mode communication.
* 2-Bit Bidirectional Translator for SDA and SCL Lines in
Mixed-Mode I2C Applications * I2C and SMBus Compatible
* LessThan1.5-ns Maximum Propagation Delay to
Accommodate Standard-Mode and Fast-Mode I2C Devices and Multiple Masters
* Allows Voltage-Level Translation Between
1.2V VREF1 and 1.8-V,2.5-V,3.3-V,or 5-V VREF2
1.8V VREF1 and 2.5-V,3.3-V,or 5-V VREF2
2.5V VREF1 and 3.3-V or 5-V VREF2
.3V VREF1 and 5-V VREF2
* Provides Bidirectional Voltage Translation With No Direction Pin
* Low 3.5-Ω ON-State Resistance Between Input And
Output Ports Provides Less Signal Distortion
* Open-Drain I2C I/O Ports(SCL1,SDA1,SCL2,and SDA2)
* 5-V Tolerant I2C I/O Ports to Support Mixed-Mode Signal Operation
* High-Impedance SCL1,SDA1,SCL2,and SDA2 Pins for EN=Low
* Lockup-Free Operation for Isolation When EN=Low
* Flow-Through Pinout for Ease of Printed-Circuit-Board Trace Routing