FAIL-SAFE, 500KBPS, RS-485 / RS-422 TRANSCEIVERS WITH
The UTC UTRS3080 high-speed transceivers for RS-485/RS-422
communication contain one driver and one receiver. The device
features fail-safe circuitry, which guarantees a logic-high receiver
output when the receiver inputs are open or shorted. This means that
the receiver output will be logic high if all transmitters on a terminated
bus are disabled (high impedance). The UTC UTRS3080 features
reduced slew-rate drivers that minimize EMI and reduce reflections
caused by improperly terminated cables, allowing error-free data
transmission up to 500kbps.
The transceiver typically draws 375µA of supply current when
unloaded or when fully loaded with the drivers disabled.
A device has a 1/8-unit-load receiver input impedance that allows
up to 256 transceivers on the bus.
* True fail-safe receiver while maintaining EIA/TIA-485 compatibility
* Enhanced slew-rate limiting facilitates Error-Free data transmission
* 5.0V single power supply
* 1µA low-current shutdown mode
* Allow up to 256 transceivers on the Bus
* HBM ±12kV ESD-protected.
* Driver short circuit current limit
* Thermal shutdown for overload protection