POLARITY FREE, FAIL-SAFE, 500KBPS, RS-485 / RS-422 TRANSCEIVERS WITH ±12KV
The UTC UTRS458 is a Polarity-Free half-duplex transceiver
designed for RS-485 data bus network, which contains one transmitter
and one receiver. The UTC UTRS458 features a fail-safe receiver,
which guarantees the receiver to output high when the receiver inputs
are open, short or idle.
The UTC UTRS458 can automatically detect the polarity for A and
B pins when pull-high for A and pull-low for B have been designed on
the RS485 bus. The detection function is real-time monitored the bus
polarity without any data flow on the RS485 bus.
The UTC UTRS458 also features a hot-swap glitch free protection
circuits which guarantee outputs of both the transmitter and the
receiver in a high impedance state during the power up period. So that
the large short current from power to ground will be disable by glitch
free function, which will save the power and enhance the efficiency of
the power up.
The UTC UTRS458 is optimized for signal rates up to 500Kbps
with differential voltage of 2.3V. The UTC UTRS458 also has the
thermal shutdown function when the temperature is over 150°C and
the protection of the current limitation in the transmitter to protect the
itself from the damage by the system-fault conditions during normal
* Meet the requirements of the EIA/TIA-485 standards.
* 5.0V single power supply.
* 1µA low-current shutdown mode.
* HBM ±12kV ESD protection.
* True fail-safe receiver while maintaining EIA/TIA-485 compatibility.
* Hot-swap glitch free protection on control inputs.
* Up to 256 transceivers on the bus.
* Maximum baud rate up to 500Kbps.
* Transmitter short circuit current limit.
* Thermal shutdown for overload protection.
* Polarity-Free for RS485 bus pins.