FAIL-SAFE, 1.0MBPS, RS-485 / RS-422 TRANSCEIVERS WITH ±15KV ESD-PROTECTED
The UTC UTRS3088 is a half-duplex transceiver designed for
RS-485 data bus network, which contains one transmitter and one
receiver. The UTC UTRS3088 features a fail-safe receiver, which
guarantees the receiver to output high when the receiver inputs are
open, short or idle.
The UTC UTRS3088 also features a hot-swap glitch free
protection circuits which guarantee outputs of both the transmitter and
the receiver in a high impedance state during the power up period. So
that the large short current from power to ground will be disable by
glitch free function, which will save the power and enhance the
efficiency of the power up.
The UTC UTRS3088 is optimized for signal rates up to 1.0Mbps
with differential voltage of 2.3V. The UTC UTRS3088 also has the
thermal shutdown function when the temperature is over 150℃ and
the protection of the current limitation in the transmitter to protect the
itself from the damage by the system-fault conditions during normal
* Meet the requirements of the EIA/TIA-485 standards.
* 5.0V single power supply.
* 1µA low-current shutdown mode.
* HBM ±15kV ESD protection.
* True fail-safe receiver while maintaining EIA/TIA-485 compatibility.
* Hot-Swap glitch free protection on control inputs.
* Up to 256 transceivers on the bus.
* Maximum baud rate up to 1.0Mbps.
* Transmitter short circuit current limit.
* Thermal shutdown for overload protection.