0.8V REFERENCE ULTRA LOW DROPOUT LINEAR REGULATOR
The UTC LXXLD30 is a typical LDO with the features of very low
dropout voltage as low as 0.2V at output current 3A.
For normal operation, two supply voltages are necessary. One
called control voltage from other equipment can shutdown the output
voltage and it should pull and hold the voltage of EN pin less than
0.3V. Another one is the main supply voltage whose purpose is for
main power conversion, to keep the power dissipation low, and to
make the dropout voltage lower.
Internally, in the UTC LXXLD30, there’re many functions which
can be seen in the block figure to prevent the IC from being
damaged. Internal Power-On-Reset (POR) circuit can control the two
supply voltages to prevent fault operations of the circuit; the thermal
shutdown circuit is able to protect the device from over thermal
operation, and a current limit function will keep the device work safely under current over-loads.
The UTC LXXLD30 can be used as an ideal to provide well
supply voltage in the applications, such as front-side-bus termination
on motherboard, NB applications, front side bus VTT (1.2V/3A) and note book PC applications.
* Low Dropout VD=0.25V(typ.)@ IOUT=3A
* Low ESR Output Capacitor
* ±1.5% over Line, Load and Temperature Output Accuracy
* Fast Transient Response
* Output Voltage Adjustable through External Resistors
* POR(Power-On-Reset) controlling VCNTL and VIN
* With internal Soft-Start
* Internal Current Limit Protection
* Internal Under Voltage Protection
* Hysteretic Thermal Shutdown
* With Power-OK Output (with a Delay Time)
* For Standby or Suspend Mode: Shutdown