0.8V REFERENCE ULTRA LOW DROPOUT LINEAR REGULATOR
The UTC LXXLD15 is a typical LDO with the feature of very
low dropout voltage as low as 0.2V at output current 1.5A.
For normal operation, two supply voltages are necessary.
One called control voltage from other equipment can shutdown
the output voltage and it should pull and hold the voltage of EN
pin less than 0.3V. Another one is the main supply voltage
whose purpose is for main power conversion to keep the power
dissipation low and to make the dropout voltage lower.
Internally, in the UTC LXXLD15, there’re many functions
which can be seen in the block figure to prevent the IC from
being damaged. Internal Power-On-Reset (POR) circuit can
control the two supply voltages to prevent fault operations of the
circuit. And the thermal shutdown circuit is able to protect the
device from over thermal operation and a current limit function
will keep the device work safely under current over-load.
The UTC LXXLD15 can be used as an ideal to provide well
supply voltage in the applications, such as front-side-bus
termination on motherboard, NB applications, front side bus VTT
(1.2V/1.5A) and note book PC applications.
* Low Dropout VD=0.2V (typ.) @ IOUT=1.5A
* Low ESR Output Capacitor
* ±1.5% over Line, Load and Temperature Output Accuracy
* Fast Transient Response
* Output Voltage Adjustable through External Resistors
* POR (Power-On-Reset) controlling VCNTL and VIN
* With internal Soft-Start
* Internal Current Limit Protection
* Internal Under Voltage Protection
* Hysteretic Thermal Shutdown
* With Power-OK Output (with a Delay Time)
* For Standby or Suspend Mode: Shutdown