HIGH OUTPUT CURRENT CMOS VOLTAGE REGULATOR WITH HIGH RIPPLE-REJECTION AND LOW DROPOUT
The UTC L1138 is a positive LDO voltage regulator using CMOS
technology. It is featured as: low dropout voltage, high output voltage
accuracy, and low current consumption.
The internal circuits include a low on-resistance transistor to provide a
low dropout voltage and large output current; an overcurrent protector to
make sure the load current don’t exceed the current capacitance of the
output transistor, a thermal shutdown circuit to escape device damage
from over-heat, and an ON/OFF circuit to keep the battery life longer.
In applications, the UTC L1138 can be used in power supply unit for
DVD, CD-ROM drives, battery-powered devices, personal communication devices, and NBs.
* Output voltage‘s high accuracy: ±1.0%
* Low dropout voltage: 120mV typ. @3.0V output , IOUT=300mA
* Low current consumption: 80μA(Typ.)160μA max in operation
0.1μA(Typ.)1.0μA max in shutdown mode
* High current capability: 800mA output @VIN≥VOUT(S)+1.0V
* With ON/OFF circuit: Ensures long battery life.
* Low ESR capacitor can be used: at least a 4.7μF ceramic capacitor for the output capacitor.
* High ripple rejection 70dB email@example.comHz
* With over current protector
* With thermal shutdown circuit