1A LOW-DROPOUT POSITIVEVOLTAGE REGULATOR
The UTC LM2940 is a low dropout regulator designed to
provide output current up to 1A with a typically 500mV dropout
Voltage and a maximum of 1V. It is capable of reducing the
ground current when the differential between the input voltage
and the output voltage outrun 3V.
UTC LM2940 offers low quiescent current (typically 30mA at 1A
and an input-output differential of 5V). Higher quiescent currents
only exist when the regulator is in the dropout mode (VIN-VOUT≤3V).
* 500mV Typically Dropout at 1A
* Output Current in Excess of 1A
* Low Quiescent Current
* Reversed-Battery Protection
* Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown.
* Mirror Image Insertion Protection